Saturday, 19 July 2014

Down for the Count

First and foremost, I would just like to apologise for the crappy photography of this post. The heat got to me and it was the busiest day of the week. To be honest, all excuses aside, I really haven't felt into taking outfit pictures lately. It is probably indeed the heat and the fasting - as much as I don't like to use the latter as an excuse for anything - but it didn't stop me last year. In fact, I still took tons of pictures then and wrote as many contents. So I really can't say why, maybe I've just been thinking about life stuff that has the least to do with outfits and they've been crowding my brain so much that something as leisurely as taking outfit photos isn't included in my priority. Thus, also excluded in my energy gauge. But I feel like things will surely turn around the week after next. No guarantee here but watch this space. Hang in there!

Cotton Club top // Mangga Dua pants // vintage purse // thrifted sandals

I don't know if I have spoken about these pants before. Yes, they are unbranded. In fact, Mangga Dua is one of the biggest modern markets in Jakarta (or even Indonesia?). No, not a fashion outlet. Practically a market, like the ones that sell fish, veggies, snacks, DVDs, anything really. Including clothes. I wouldn't say they have top-notch quality. If anything, it's probably the exact opposite. But these pants have got some serious compliments from a number of people in the past. They were even surprised to find out where I got it from. Truth is, just by looking, you wouldn't know how crappy these pants are. But when you touch it, wear it or even just look at the button and zipper, you would know what I was on about. I kind of like them, though. They have this form which always manages to make my legs appear so much smaller - I guess it's thanks to the vertical stripes as well. And they've stuck by me for over three years. So there's that.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!