Saturday, 5 July 2014

D Is For Dungarees


♪ Summer - Katie Herzig ♫


Today is Firu's birthday! He probably doesn't like it that I just announced it to the world. But, meh. As you're reading this post, I'd already be where he is. And no, that is not Italy. These photos were obviously taken before I left. And no, I wasn't in Italy then too. But this setting does remind me of Italy from the lens. You don't see a lot of old buildings in Kassel; most of the town was destroyed in the war after all. But there are still some remnants saved, which always cheer me up. This is what I was wearing yesterday on my way here. I deliberately shot it before I left because I wanted to spare Firu of my constant pleading for him to play photographer. That's part of my birthday present for him. I'm hoping to post some photos on what we're going to do this weekend - ahem, playing video games and sleeping - so please look forward to that. Uhh...I have nothing else I can say, my brain is on idle mode at the moment due to the lack of nutritional input for the past several hours. I'm not even sure what I just typed, sorry if I was rambling.

Urban Outfitters hat // Cotton Club top // Pimkie dungaree // Shakespeare & Co. tote // thrifted sandals

Okay, okay, I relapsed...twice...on the same day. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean the hat and the dungaree being the two products of my lack of restrain. They each have a story; one longer than the other but here they are. So...earlier this week I went to Frankfurt because I had a couple things to take care of. It was way quicker than I thought so I figured I'd just hang around. Obviously, Frankfurt has more stores than Kassel, including Urban Outfitters and American Apparel. Indonesia doesn't have those - far as I know anyway - so I thought I'd snatch something from those two stores before I leave - the one from the latter to be seen in my next post. The obsessions with dungarees started when I spotted one from a retail store last week. That day, I went on a quest to find the perfect short dungarees. In the end, I fell in love with the darker version of this one from Pimkie. But the Pimkie in Kassel ran out of that one in my size. When I was in Frankfurt, I checked their branch and they didn't even have any at all! So I went back to Kassel and purchased the lighter version. But I really love the detail on the front pocket, the back and the fit around my hips. And that's the story of my two weak moments, which you didn't need to know but I just told you anyway.

P.S: Whoa, look at them legs! If you didn't know any better, you'd have thought they belong to a body builder.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!