Saturday, 1 March 2014

Heart's on Fire, Leaving All Behind You


♪ Step Out - José González


Hey, guys! Do you miss me? No, I'm not quite back yet, sorry to disappoint. But I've missed posting outfit posts for so long. These days I just don't have the time to think about outfits and, since I've been pretty much holed up in my room anyway, I never bother to dress up. Really, all you'd ever find me in is a combo of t-shirts and sweatpants. Sometimes I inevitably have to go out to buy food, in which case I just replace the sweatpants with one pair of pants - always the same. That's how lazy I am. But I'm powering through my current project and, on this day, I was done early with my last illustration so I quickly grabbed lunch and dressed up. Then the sun, which was shining so brightly not ten minutes before, disappeared behind this huge, dark cloud and gusts of wind went past. And then, after all is said and done and I was on my way home, the sun popped out again, proud as ever. Right...

Needless to say, I've been watching a lot of movies and reading a lot of books - literary update coming up later this month. I just finished my last book and am starting on Room by Emma Donoghue, which has been sitting in my to-read list forever. I'm surprised with how many books I find myself reading these past five months, as I thought I'd be too busy to read. I stand corrected. Also, since I'm a major multitasker, I've been watching a lot of things alongside my work: starting from blockbuster movies, Sundance films, Youtube channels, talk shows to Japanese drama. Saku-chan recently recommended Ama-chan to me, which tickled my tummy and turned me into a Japanese. When it ended, I wished it would go on. The story was very intriguing and also...Koike Teppei! Kyaa! ( ⎠≧ ∇ ≦ )⎠ I could've hugged my screen. Sorry about the sudden fangirling.

Primark blouse via Kleider Kreisel // Brave Soul sweater via TK Maxx // H&M shorts // thrifted purse + boots

Anyone noticed I cut my fringe? It's gotten far too long but I was too reluctant to do anything about it. The other day, I finally gave in and chopped it off. Every time I cut it off, it never looks the same as before, as if I deliberately change its style instead of just trying to shorten it. This goes beyond my control, ladies and gentlemen. But this style of fringe simply makes me want to tie my hair into a ponytail. Every. Time. Exhibit A. Nothing wrong with the ponytail, I like the bouncy feel to it, actually. Just thought I put that out there...for some reason. About the outfit itself, there's not much to say except that I find it ironic that I came up with the perfect outfit for a class now that it's the semester break.

Winter has been coming and going these past few weeks that bringing a coat was such a dilemma. On this day especially. So the sun was shining before and the air was rather warm. I thought of not bringing a coat, but seeing the huge lump of cloud looming over me, I feel like a coat would be my safest bet. Since I haven't really been 'out' in so long, I didn't notice the change in nature. But I think spring is coming faster than I realise. I see some flower buds on some trees already. There are even already some flowers on the grass around town. Man, I hope spring comes soon. Cannot wait to show you guys some very beautiful new stuff - that I didn't buy but won in giveaways.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!