Friday, 31 January 2014

The Future Freaks Me Out


Motion City Soundtrack - The Future Freaks Me Out


Before I say anything else, I'd like to thank everyone who's filled up my survey! You guys are awesome and I'm so lucky to have you in my life! Most of them are my friends and family so it was really hilarious going through all the responses. A lot of things have been happening lately and the ground beneath my feet seems to slowly disappear. It's such a scary notion and, trust me, no one is more scared of it than I am. We've all been there before. We're all scared of things we cannot see, mainly the future. On my 2013 wrap-up post, I mentioned that 2013 was very 'real' for me, that it was like a wake up call for the most part. Though the year has ended, growing up is not something I can reverse. Thankfully, I always have people on my side. My best friends, my family, Firu. Their support is more than I can take and I found myself bathed in tears when I realised that they didn't expect anything of me, that I could always fall back on them. And I feel like, maybe I'm not fighting alone after all. Maybe I shouldn't have to. Right now, I can honestly say I don't know what the future looks like and that truly scares me. But whatever happens, if I still have these people, life is pretty good.

Fashion to Any blouse // Primark coat // thrifted boots + skirt // vintage purse // Pieces scarf

So last time I promised to show you guys this blouse as a whole. And here it is! What do you think? Personally, I love the floral detail. It's not too crowded like most floral pieces and very delicately done. As you can see from the last photo, the blouse actually consists of two thin layers. The white blouse layer and the thinner silk layer with the floral design. How classy and beautiful! Before I went out in this ensemble, I hesitated. It feels like I should have waited until spring to wear this outfit - along with new shoes I'm expecting in the next month. But patience was never my forte so I pulled on some tights, shoved my feet into a pair of my favourite boots, grabbed my coat and walked out the door. Thankfully, it has been one of the warmest winters in my life. Okay, I've only experienced 3-4 winters so far, but still. People kept staring at my ensemble - or my unruly hair? - for some reason. They almost looked vengeful. Then again, Germans never look happy. Don't ask me, I don't know why.


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!