Monday, 30 December 2013

Guest Post: Anna of October Rebel

Hello! This is Anna, of October Rebel. A big thanks to Bivi for inviting me to post on her blog. I hope your holidays have been splendid so far.

I thought I'd share a little about wardrobe-maximization, and the two best investments I made in dresses. It's easy to fall in love with an interesting dress with all sorts of unique details, but many times you can achieve a similar effect with a simple dress and layers, and this allows you variety - i.e. more ways to wear it. (I've learned this the hard way)! I've gotten the most use out of this navy and this black dress, both from San Francisco-based brand, Curator

They are sleeveless, so I can wear all sorts of blouses and shirts underneath, and a scoop neck shows off different types of collars. Of course, these dresses also look great without layers. I'm on a small budget, and these were a little costly for me, but ultimately good investments, considering how much I wear them. The navy dress, especially, is the one I reach for when I don't know what else to wear. The simplicity of the design and color make them easy to dress up or down. I've worn them to concerts, to the beach, to go grocery shopping and on date nights. It all depends on what I wear with them. 

Although some of my things are a little detailed or fussy and difficult to remix, I try to balance them out with simple colors and designs so I can get more wear out of my clothes. There's nothing wrong with fancy, but nothing beats a little black or navy dress to stretch your wardrobe.

Sincerely,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!