Thursday, 12 December 2013

Brick By Boring Brick

There's this house that I see everyday on the way to campus. Okay, I don't actually go pass it or anything. But it's on a tangent to my way to class. It stands on such a strategic location. It stands tall majestically in a fork on the road. It's so majestic that when you look at it through an intersection way across the street, it would jump into view and smack you in the head. It looks like one of those houses with mystical possibilities and quirky dwellers - you know, like the one from A Series of Unfortunate Events. It has all these neogothic elements as well as beautiful rustications. I can't get enough of rustication. The architecture looks like that of a gothic church - especially those two windows at the very top. My favourite part is the huge glass windows at the corner there. I can imagine myself living there, sipping tea whilst looking at the (probably) striking view on misty mornings. The skylight must have been added during the late 20th century or early 21st century, which adds a lot more luxury and zen-like feel. Oh man, wish I could live here. But, for now, I should be happy just looking at this breathtaking view every time I pass it by - which happens a lot.

vintage cape via lucedale vintage // H&M cardigan // DIY scarf // thrifted tee + skirt + boots // Hudson tights // Mom's old backpack

This is something that most bloggers probably won't tell ya: wearing a cape isn't practical at all. In fact, it's the exact opposite of that. One, it doesn't let you hang your bags over your shoulders - aside from under it. Two, you don't know what to do with your hands. Sure, there are armholes. But if you're not wearing long sleeves, your arms will be freezing when you put your hands in the pockets. And, worst of all, they let the winds come in from below. Don't get me wrong, though. I love this cape! Sadly, it's not a winter wear so this might just be the last time I can wear it until next year. It's so pretty, I'm not sure I can let go. Also, lately I've been wearing stuff that I've thrifted and realised...maybe most items in my closet are thrifted now. I barely ever go to clothing stores anymore - well, at least not to purchase stuff anyway - and I spend my money mostly in thrift stores and flea markets. They have some real unique items there. Who can say no to that? The story behind each item is an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!