Saturday, 5 October 2013

Don't Knock It 'Til You Try It!

Lately, I've been thinking about wanting, about wishing and about doing. You know how people keep saying things like "Oh, you're so something! I wish I was like that." or "I wish I could do that." These days, it's only become quite apparent to me. I'm a naturally impatient person. So impatient that I always have to do something to define my fate. Even if that means I'd fail, even if that means I'd regret it. At least it means I tried. You know, if I want to be able to do something, I just damn well do it. If I don't know how to, I'll find a way to learn. It's such a waste, living in such a modern community, with high-tech facilities and more than a thousand ways to learn, if you're not going to take advantage of all the overwhelming opportunities. Imagine if we were born ten or twenty years earlier than we did. I mean, if we're so afraid to try, so afraid to learn now, with all the tools made available to us, what the hell kind of clueless bunch of people we would've been then, when learning was made much harder? So look around, take a chance and try something new! Do something you've always wanted to do! Think about the regret and the failure later.

DeviantWEAR tee // 1982 kids varsity jacket // Hand-me-down backpack + shorts // Falke tights // vintage brogues // photos by Galuh

Recently I found this beautiful fashion blog, My Peach Days. The blogger is a Filipino girl, who has such a dreamy and lovely style. The other day, Kathy - that's her name - saw my past autumn favourites and told me how she loved how I paired my varsity jacket with the lavender denim. And I realised, I hadn't styled this jacket at all. I hadn't even worn it this autumn. So here it is. Umm...this wasn't supposed to be an outfit post. It was just one of those days when I needed to run errands and walk around town. So this is my lazy outfit. But I walked into a changing room and saw how great this whole ensemble looks. So here we are. That day was too warm for my comfy sweater but not warm enough to go without layers. By the way, I just found out that DeviantWEAR closed several months ago. So sad to hear that but it's been a good run and it's been awesome. I'm still currently at Firu's right now, enjoying life. You guys should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!