Thursday, 22 August 2013

Please and Thank You!

Let me ask you a question: how many times in a day do you actually say 'please' or 'thank you' or both? Honestly, society these days seem to lack grace in a lot of ways. I've never even noticed how rare those two phrases are until I read Keys to the Kingdom by Garth Nix, where one of the characters said that the main character was so polite and gracious because he still said please and thank you a lot. What people don't realise is how big of a difference a simple "please and thank you" can make. Seriously. Firu and I make a habit of saying 'please' and 'thank you' when need be. We both say as much please whenever we make a request (in a polite tone, of course) and say thank you after it was granted. We both try as much not to say thank you before our request was granted, because it seems to pressurise the recipient of the request to grant it - which, to us, seems like the opposite of politeness. I suppose, please and thank you are two simple ways to acknowledge the equality of other people. I love seeing the smile on people's faces when I say thank you after their acts of kindness. I love the response people give me when I say please at the end of a request. It makes all the difference. On that note, I've just added a few more items to the shop - some of them autumn appropriate, some of them perfect for late summer - so please do come check it out!

Simplicity gingham dress // Atmosphere blazer // hand-me-down bag // unbranded sandals // drugstore bandana // photos by Galuh

Can we just talk about these photos for 5 minutes? Just five minutes. I've been loving having Galuh around. She is just a super friend, wonderful photographer and incredible sister. I'm so glad she ended up staying at my place and really not looking forward to her moving away. I've never been so comfortable in front of a camera before - except maybe when I use self-timer by myself. She never even tells me to relax and be myself. She snaps away and I don't even have to cue her, I can just move naturally. It's so great! I think she's got some of the traits that Firu lacks and vice versa. Firu doesn't like taking my pictures (almost at all, really!) or having his photos taken. Galuh likes both! Which is awesome. We always end up taking at least a picture together and put it on instagram (follow mine here, if you want). I don't have a younger sister so it's been really great hanging out with her. God, I wish she doesn't have to move out (though it would be better for her if she does). I just hope my sister won't be jealous. Haha. Here's a picture of Galuh killing me with probably an anime-like psychic move for the road - I look electrified! We took these pictures, jumping multiple times like some crazy girls. Thank God nobody called the police. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!