Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Early Sunsets Over Monroeville

I'm already back home now and it's very peaceful and quiet...also a bit lonely. I miss Coddy and Gundut and also my friends, especially Iva. I miss the simple bliss of having to do nothing at all, sitting at the backyard, taking in the view as the sun sets. The simple joy of being surrounded by your loved ones, playing cards or cooking up a tasty dish. Oh, what a magical time summer truly is. It's at its peak now, slowly going downhill, rolling into autumn. The air is slowly changing and it's gets dark more quickly now, it's also too cool in the morning and evening for a simple summer ensemble. For some reason, I refuse to accept that summer is almost over. That it's almost time for me to go back to my everyday routine. I checked off plenty of things from my summer bucket list this year, though not everything went as planned. It was so nice to accomplish so many things you want to do. Summer, it's been real and it's been fun. I'm letting you go gradually. Until next year, please come again soon!

Dress from Hong Kong (gifted by Iva) // Tracce ballerina flats // photos of me by Iva

I still feel like I haven't worn enough summery outfit this year - either I'm lousy or the weather is. But I should really start transitioning to my fall looks. This could well be my last summer outfit post of the year. Iva went to Hong Kong earlier this summer with her whole family, visiting her relatives there. And, since Hong Kong has so many adorable clothing pieces, I asked her to bring me home a sartorial item. This is the dress she got me. It's very comfortable! I love the polkadot pattern and the faux cardigan cut. I've been in love with navy polkadots forever and maybe she knows because she said, "I think you'll like this one." These photos were taken when she and I took Coddy out for an afternoon walk over the hill at the back of the village, going through a mini-forest, and got to the other side - this barren land. The view was actually very beautiful - as you can see on panoramic view above - but my camera wasn't smart enough to take in that beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!