Monday, 15 July 2013

A Penny for Your Thoughts, A Million for Your Love

Summer is the perfect time for beaches and nautical fun. To be frank, I've been into the whole nautical theme - the stripes, sailor-theme, etc. - forever. My sister can hardly ever stand it, she gets dizzy looking at thin sets of lines. This is laughable, for the most part, because I've never had my beachy moments or been to lighthouses. It doesn't stop me from loving them. Too bad there's no lighthouse in Kassel...or Germany as wide as the eye can see. But there's a huge lake at the park, with a small island for ducks in the middle. There's no way you can get to the island. There are no boats or bridges leading there. Swimming is out of the question. When the day is warm, ducks perch on the small greek temple-like gazebo built on the island. The island looks almost childish and mystical what with all the ducks covering the island. Today, sadly, wasn't one of those days. It was a bit cloudy and people were staring at me like I was crazy, wearing such short shorts. By they way, I put my hair up because I botched my fringe...again.

H&M dress (as top) + high-waist shorts // Madonna hairband // vintage purse + penny loafers

This look is the summer version of this one. It was inspired by Louise's and Tieka's style. I love how Louise usually pairs shorts with menswear-inspired footwear - though I don't think she's ever paired them with penny loafers. Of course, I added my own touch by wearing something less feminine. Tieka's obsession with nautical theme is widely known - well, for her readers anyway - which I channel here through the dress. Also the reason why I chose a setting near huge waters. Apparently, candy stripes are 'in' right now. Huh, turns out I'm not the only one who sees candy with these stripes. The mix-and-match of the nautical stripes and the candy stripes reminds me of this look. I wasn't used to wearing such short shorts out. But I love the high waist and want to put it up for an outfit post. Plus, it makes me feel rather sexy, not as sexy as this look, though. Also, please bear with me. I'm still pretty much swooned with this purse. You can't see it but I'm holding it together with a bobby pin. Hey, you gotta make do with what you have when it comes to free stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!