Sunday, 16 June 2013

Creative Adults are the Children Who Survive

Children books are always an awesome source to score some adorable illustrations. My favourite illustrators usually do illustrations for children books. Maybe it's because I love their cutesy, warm and adorable style of illustrations. One of my favourite ones - which I've been following for quite some time now but haven't had the chance to feature on the blog - is Amélie Fléchais. I love her mystical and natural style, how she uses natural and dark tones and how she uses the white on the background to her advantage. Over the last few years or so, she has done a huge research for her new book Chemin Perdu, which will be released on June 19th (originally June 12th). It's her first ever comic book and she is excited as hell! Frankly, so am I!


Pictures from her blog and tumblr
Although it will be in French, I wish I can get my hands on it when it's out. It'd be nice to practice my French - and, of course, the lovely illustrations help. I don't really know what the story will be all about but I know for sure it'll be filled with fantasies and childlike imaginations. Amélie even made a trailer (in collaboration with Jonathan Garnier) for Chemin Perdu, which radiates innocence and adventure. You can get a little sneak peek of the making of it here. The song is provided by Lilt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!