Friday, 17 May 2013

Let's Get Back to Normal!

“When it comes to memories, the good and the bad never balance.” 
― Jodi Picoult, Handle With Care

When people say, "I wish everything could just go back to normal," what do they mean exactly? What is 'normal' exactly? Maybe they mean that things should go back to the way they were. The weird thing is...things change every second of every minute of every hour of everyday. Nothing stays the same, everything changes constantly. And as things change, as time goes by, so do you. You change too. Your opinion of things changes. And things' opinion of you changes as well. So go back to what? Sometimes we imagine a world of situations that we are comfortable in and call it 'Normal.' Though they may never have happened at the same time in real life at all. I guess that's just it with memories. They tend to sugarcoat reality and force their way into your brain. Even a scene of way back when that you hated with all your guts but wait 10 years - no, heck, wait 1 year - and you'll miss every single little excruciating detail about that moment.

H&M chiffon dress // Vero Moda blouse // Bare Denim jeans // Studio Nine moccassin

Take this outfit, for instance. This is what I would call a 'normal' outfit. An outfit I'd most likely put on before I wrote this blog, before I wore dresses. Except that I never used to wear jeans. I also didn't have many buttoned up shirts, especially plaid ones. And I wore only one pair of shoes and sandals - none of which includes moccasins. But the comfort and style of this outfit screams out normality to me. Back when I was a girl who barely knew fashion - still am, actually -, resisted femininity like the plague and couldn't fit into anything but cargo pants. Aside from that, the hair has gradually gotten back to normal. Yes, bob, baby! Now, all I need to go back to normal is my Dad's big belly, late-night convo with my sis, motorcycle rides with Firu, inside jokes with my best friends, Mom/Mami's home-cooked meal, annoying demands of my bro and the piano we have back home. Life is good when you're thankful with everything you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!