Thursday, 28 March 2013

Au Revoir, Ma Chérie!

“I  wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it  covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says, 'Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.'”
- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Lately, I've been more and more convinced that spring is coming. It may take its time but it's coming. The sun has been coming out to play a lot lately and, though it's still -4ºC (and feels like -17ºC), the world has seemed greener as of late - I saw a bunch of snow drops! The greatest change I've noticed is that the man-made rivers at the park have melted completely! That hadn't happened all winter. Can't you see I am dancing in excitement? Most of last week, I locked myself in - figure of speech, of course - to get some work done. Sometimes being hard on yourself is the only way to go. On Friday, I met up with Saku-chan at the art campus. We saw a huge swan approaching the building. It sat so quietly and neatly on the grass, attacking it every now and then. That was as close as we got to a swan. Beautiful but dangerous bunch they are, really. Then she took me to Fingerz, an organic and fair trade clothing store. We both couldn't help but drool all over as all their items go beyond our price range. I am so looking forward to seeing Firu again today - this time I'm going with Saku-chan as well. We are going to revamp his new home. Eep! So excited!

Minimal dress (Sis's) // Geela bolero // Rilakkuma bag (gift from Firu) // hand-me-down jacket // Pieces scarf // online thrifted boots

This is the point where you wonder what the title of this post is actually all about. I'm glad you ask. You see, I've been swapping clothes with my sister all winter. This dress was one of the items she sent my way. Spring is almost here and things have started to chill up where she is. Which means I'll have to return her stuff soon. I feel guilty for only styling this dress once and that's why I feel like I should style it again at least once before it goes back to its owner. A little review: I love the structure of this dress very much, it has an obi of some sort around the waist while the hip is free. It's easy to put on as it has zipper on the back. Though, I think the skirt is a little too long for my taste and it is a couple sizes too small on me - which makes the dress presses on me when I eat. I actually have fear of ripping the zipper apart as I'm wearing it. So au revoir, my sweet! May we see each other again someday. We were going to continue with the outfit swapping deal but I've gone back to being a bookworm as of late so I asked her to send me books instead. I will send her a clothing item, though. I hope it will get featured here. By the way, this is the swan of whom I spoke of. Isn't he/she a real beauty?

1 comment:

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!