Saturday, 16 March 2013

Ain't No Sunshine When You're Gone

Visya's wearing: Scalloped top via Kleider Kreisel // thrifted skirt // C&A coat // H&M tights // Pieces scarf // Rilakkuma bag // 

Deichmann boots // Photos by Firu

For more than the first half of this week, Firu stayed over at my place. It was an impromptu idea we both had when we met up with each other in Bonn last weekend. I'm sure you've heard a lot about this "March Snow" already. It's no joke. It actually snows out in March! And here we thought spring was ready to come out and play. And it's not just your run-of-the-mill flurry of snow either, it's actual mild snow storms. Thank God the sun came out and play in between the snow. Firu and I used this opportunity to actually leave the house, have a bit of a lunch date and go grocery shopping as well as venture the snow-covered park and take some pictures. It was really healthy too. We walked it all off! We didn't even take the trams or anything. Aside from this day, though, we spent most of the time at home, cooking or just being total mattress potatoes. It was only four days - if you don't count the weekend - but I was already overwhelmed by the amount of new memories he left behind. We'll probably see each other again for easter, though, so I just can't wait.

Firu's wearing: Jack Wolfskin winter jacket // Superdry jeans // Asics sneakers

Firu has a strict "no shedding outside" rule, where he prohibits me almost exclusively from taking off my coats/layers outside of the house, especially when there's snow. It's perfectly sane, actually, and, if I were someone other than me, I would've seen sense in it and played along. But I'm not someone else so I rebelled. Compromise was reached when he offered to take pictures sans coat inside so I'm content. I just can't help it, I love this top so much. It's so pretty and makes me dress up in a low-key kind of way, which is so uncharacteristic of me. I added the ribbon myself, by the way. Despite our disagreements and opposing personalities, I love that dude. Sometimes I feel like this (long) distance relationship is being dragged on and on. Can't we just fast forward to the day when, finally, I can wake up to his face every single morning? I just can't wait already. On a blogging note, I hear that Google Reader will be eliminated as of July 1st. That's very troubling. But don't worry, you can still follow Alive as Always on bloglovin or Facebook. Enjoy the weekend, guys!