Thursday, 14 February 2013

Boycott Love!

There's something about Valentine's day that stirs something in the heart of people. Some really love it, some really hate it. It can change the atmosphere around town or with your friends. Personally, I don't have a strong opinion about it, though, in the past, there were times when I did and did not celebrate Valentine's Day. My best friends and I usually just ignore this date altogether. The one time my family celebrated it was when I got a wallet from my parents back in 6th grade, which I still use to this day. Firu and I celebrated it once two years ago when he got me a bouquet of pink tulips and a pink heart necklace. Afterwards, Valentines don't play much of a role in my life. Despite that fact, it's nice to see people celebrating this day. And here are some inspirations from ghosts of Valentines past.

go
one // two // three // four // five // six
Last Valentine, since I started being active in the blogging world, I stumbled upon some pretty awesome posts and DIY ideas. My absolute favourite is this set of Valentine DIYs from Kinsey and Elsie! I think they are absolutely adorable. Plus, a great V-day gift idea for you and/or your mister! Also, here are some cheap date ideas from Elizabeth, which I find to my liking. The first Valentine I spent in Germany, it felt like love really was in the air. Everyone had flowers in hand, no matter men or women, young or old. Even the old couples seem to be especially sweet and romantic that day. It surprised me. What Valentine can do to people, huh? Firu had an entrance exam to pass that day and everyone teased me, saying he wouldn't give me as much attention. Despite his better judgment, he pulled through. That was the best Valentine ever. Well, I hope you're having a romantic Valentine wherever you are, guys! Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!