Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Fernweh ≈ Wanderlust pt. II

Sometime last year, I made a list of places I've been to since I moved out to Germany. Although it has yet to be exactly a year, it occurred to me that I've traveled enough places to make another one of such lists. Aside from my actual desire to go and see the world - or at least Europe, so far, boredom also had a hand in the matter. With the inability to see Firu for four months, I had the freedom to go elsewhere and see more friends, traveling and exploring different sites in the process.

Kassel, Germany (May 2012)
Sächsische Schweiz (Saxon Switzerland), Germany (June 2012)
Ever since Godknowswhen, traveling has been one of my life-long passions. I dream of going around the world for my honeymoon - unrealistic, I know. Knowing that would probably not come true, I am using the opportunity I have now that I'm still young. Little by little, slowly but sure. Having friends from all over the world is also one of my main goals in life. For now, at least, having friends from all over the country is quite enough. This is also the reason I love having a short-distance relationship with Firu, living in different towns. It gives me a reason to travel more. Plus, Firu lives in probably the biggest state in Germany, with a semester ticket to take me around it. Yippie!

Halle (Saale), Germany (June 2012)
Göttingen, Germany (July 2012)
Berlin, Germany (July 2012)
Last year, I totally splurged on traveling. All these trips done in a short period of time. Not to mention, I actually went to WeimarHannover and Bremen in June, Dresden and Leipzig in July, Frankfurt in August and any other cities in NRW as well in October and November. It was crazy! Although some of them don't even cost money for the transport. There are various reasons, mates, methods and stories to each trip but I enjoyed each and every one of them to the fullest. Some trips lead to destiny in the near future - like Kassel, per se - while others are simply trips. This year, I think I'm going to lay low on the traveling side, though. Use my time and money to do something useful for my future maybe.

Düsseldorf (Dusseldorf), Germany (October 2012)
Duisburg,  Germany (October 2012)
Venlo, The Netherlands (October 2012)
The best part about traveling is being able to do it with your loved ones. Which is why we went back to our first hometown nearing the end of the year, to gather with our closest friends in the country. I guess we were blessed, after our trip earlier that year, to have another trip together again. It wasn't a month of work together, though - we did that once in Hannover two years ago. With all the years to come, I hope we could spend more time together, exploring different places, creating more memories and inside jokes. Oh, these friends of mine.

Karlsruhe, Germany (December 2012)
Paris, France (December 2012)
Apparently, going abroad has become a sort of annual thing for me by now. Last year was Italy, this year was The Netherlands and France. I have only seen one city of each, though. But it's okay. To dedicate at least one full day to appreciate a city is better than to shift through a number of cities just to say you've been there, not knowing the place at all. Iva and I are so excited to make plans again this year. There's a good chance we might go to Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg since Firu lives near there now. I'm still pretty much interested in visiting Prague, though - I have to see Mucha's last hometown! - so we'll see. I have so much hope for what this year holds, though. In the meantime, I'm going to have a blast staying put. You guys go have a happy midweek! Cheerio!

P.S: I put Halle in as well because it was the time I started exploring the place for real. Plus, now I don't live there anymore and it was another town to put into my list. I put Karlsruhe in because Firu and I took a trip to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind comment. Please do stop by again soon!